Vedanta is the ‘Science of Life’, observed Swami Chinmayananda. Like all scientific subjects, rational thinking and logical conclusions found in the teachings from Bhagavad-Gita, Upanishads and Brahma Sutra makes Vedanta a complete science of the Self. These three ancient documents constitute the pillars of Vedanta, also known as ‘prasthaana trayee’ (the three sources).
In Chinmaya Mission centers all over the world, the monks trained in the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya-s regularly give discourses on the philosophy of Vedanta, mainly emphasizing the teachings propagating the non-dual (Advaita) nature of Brahman, the Reality as taught by Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya. Swami Chinmayananda also has written his commentaries on Bhagavad-Gita, selected Upanishads and treatises and compositions of Adi Shankaracharya.
Spiritual Lectures in Chinmaya Mission Los Angeles (Rameshwaram) – from Sep (of current year) to May (of the following year):
- Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 9 on Sundays: 8:30 am and 11:30 am (Webcast @ 830 am: www.chinmayachannel.com).
- The Way of Love – Lectures based on Vishnu Sahasranama & Narada Bhakti Sutra (two Sundays/month at 10:15 am)
- Advanced Vedanta Course on Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat (For students completed the online course)
- Valmiki Ramayana Lectures – first week of every month Mon-Fri: 6:30 am (Webcast: www.chinmayachannle.com)
- Sadhana Panchakam Lectures on Sundays: 8:30 am and 11:30 am
- Upanishad Lectures on Wednesdays: 7:30 pm
- Study Group on Thursdays (in Cerritos area). For details: Mahadevanji (562) 508-6498
- Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotram on Saturdays: 1:00 pm (in San Gabriel Area)
- Bhaja Govindam on Saturdays: 2:30 pm (in San Gabriel Area). For more information: Padma Ganapathi (818) 248-8353