Vedanta is the ‘Science of Life’, observed Swami Chinmayananda. Like all scientific subjects, rational thinking and logical conclusions found in the teachings from Bhagavad-Gita, Upanishads and Brahma Sutra makes Vedanta a complete science of the Self. These three ancient documents constitute the pillars of Vedanta, also known as ‘prasthaana trayee’ (the three sources).
In Chinmaya Mission centers all over the world, the monks trained in the Sandeepany Sadhanalaya-s regularly give discourses on the philosophy of Vedanta, mainly emphasizing the teachings propagating the non-dual (Advaita) nature of Brahman, the Reality as taught by Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya. Swami Chinmayananda also has written his commentaries on Bhagavad-Gita, selected Upanishads and treatises and compositions of Adi Shankaracharya.
Spiritual Lectures in Chinmaya Mission Los Angeles (Rameshwaram) – from Sep (of current year) to May (of the following year):
- Upanishad Series – week-long lectures on the wisdom of the Upanishads covering Katha, Kena, Isha, Mundka & Shvetashvatara. For more information click here
- Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 11 on Sundays: 8:30 am and 11:30 am (Webcast @ 830 am: www.chinmayachannel.com). For recorded videos click here
- Foundation Vedanta Course – Lectures based on lessons from Chinmaya International Foundation for registered students (two Sundays/month at 10 am)
- Advanced Vedanta Course – Lectures based on lessons from Chinmaya International Foundation for registered students (Mondays 730 pm & Saturdays 8 am)
- Chinmayanjali – Bhagavad-Gita lectures based on Shankara Bhashya (Sanskrit) on Tue & Thu at 630 am & 730 pm (For students completed the Advanced Vedanta Course)
- Chinmayanjali – Upanishad Lectures based on Shankara Bhashya (Sanskrit) on Saturdays 630 am (For students completed the Advanced Vedanta Course)
- Valmiki Ramayana Lectures – first week of every month Mon-Fri: 6:30 am (Webcast: www.chinmayachannel.com). For recorded videos click here
- Fundamentals of Vedanta Lectures on Sundays: 8:30 am and 11:30 am
- Upanishad Lectures on Wednesdays: 7:30 pm
- Study Group on Thursdays (in Cerritos area). For details: Mahadevanji (562) 508-6498
- Vedanta classes on Saturdays: 1:00 pm (in San Gabriel Area)
- Spiritual teachings on Saturdays: 2:30 pm (in San Gabriel Area). For more information: Padma Ganapathi (818) 248-8353