Life is a limitless, incessant flow of experiences.
– Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda
Pujya Gurudev always encouraged his disciples and devotees to live life fully without denying or running away from the world. Experience is the best teacher according to many great thinkers.
Pilgrimage to holy places are part of the spiritual growth of every seeker for him or her to explore and engage in discovering the all-pervading divinity that is adored in temples, churches, masks, viharas etc and also, evidently in its nascent nature.
Every well-known culture evolved with appreciation and respectful adoration of divinity that has created the cosmos. Pilgrimage is to enhance such a lofty vision in our own hearts.
Chinmaya Mission Los Angeles (CMLA) organizes yearly Yatras (pilgrimages) to many places of historical importance to give rare opportunity to its members to travel together with the Acharyas where they come to understand each other closely and also have exclusive satsangs with Acharyas.
In the past the following pilgrimages were organized by CMLA:
- Char Dham Yatra (Uttarakashi, Gangotri, Kedar & Badrinath) and Vaishnodevi/Sidhabari
- Kailash-Manasarovar Yatra (3 times)
- Amarnath Yatra
- Shat-Jyotirlinga Yatra (6 holy shrines of Lord Shiva)
- East-West Yatra (in India)
- Sri Lanka Yatra
- Bali-Thailand-Cambodia Yatra
- Vietnam-Laos Yatra
- South India temples Yatra
- Meditation in Mexico